What is a Case Study?
Case Study, in general, means to gather the facts, analyze them, and present them in a storytelling format and a pleasant visual manner, relating to a very particular subject.
While talking about What is a Case Study for B2B (Business To Business) dealings, it’s a representation of your customer’s story of achieving their goals working with you.
Case Study is a storyteller of whatever good experiences your clients have with you.
There are various Types of Case Study. You can choose one- depending on the story you want to tell and the objective you want to achieve.
All Types of Case Study can facilitate you with the following benefits:
- It can provide you a completely new conclusion or theory that anyone hasn’t formulated yet.
- It helps you get more consumers. That’s but obvious, right?
- It helps your prospective consumer understand Why, How and When and Where to use your products.
- It works as a comparison tool for viewers to compare you with your contenders.
- If truth be told, it communicates your success story, under the head of your client’s story.
- It is strong evidence of your ability.
So you must be willing to learn How to Write a Case Study, right? So all you need to do is, scroll your screen.
How to Write a Case Study
Contact one of your customers and ask for their experiences to be shared is the most popular Case Study Method. Here is a bit-by-bit guide to help you fabricate an Effective Case Study using this Case Study Method.
Move No.1: Select the Hero
The hero of the story is your client. Selecting a client among hundreds is a difficult task itself. To make it easy, keep in mind below given factors while choosing your hero:
- He or she must be having an excellent experience using your product or service.
- They should be having a result to announce.
- As it is B2B, your client is also a product or service provider himself. So they should also be having a compact position in the market.
- They must be willing to share a word with you.
Yes, it’s a valid question. Why will your customer agree to contribute to an activity- which is for your advantage? Well, following are the hidden rewards for your consumer to help you create your Case Study:
- Reaching more audience which will ultimately help them grow.
- Assurance to be provided with services at reasonable rates from you.
- The increased crowd on their website or social media page.
- A stronger B2B relationship and increased prestige.
Move No.2: Get the Permit
Your Case Study will be unauthorized until it gets sanctioned by the client involved. To avoid any legal issue, you must take leave of the client to use their details like name, type of their business, their logo, etc.
Move No.3: Be Sure About Objectives
To get the desired results, it is very important to be confirmed about what you are waiting for. And accordingly, decide the most suitable Type of Case Study to achieve what you are an aspirant of.
Move No.4: Assemble the Information
Case Study Research simply means to collect the facts & figures needed.
To bring out the information of your use from tons of data available is a harsh, but crucial exercise. After all, you are doing all this strenuous job for delivering the right information to the right audience in the right way.
You can do it a little easy by arranging your particulars and statistics in spreadsheets, charts, graphs, etc.
Move No.5: Construct the Questions
Your client is not going to write an essay for you or your product. You only need to compile the data by asking frequent questions to them. Form and sort the questions in a way that you get all desired information without making your client bored and inattentive.
Open-ended questions are surely the best, but as you are preparing an analytical draft, they may not serve you to the fullest. So you need to form such questions which are to be answered analytically, plus, are enthusiastic enough to be answered.
Move No.6: Arrange Your Interaction
The questions are ready, but how will you ask and get answers? This can be done by any medium like a call, video call, or personal meeting. Time is an important factor to be taken care of in such interactions. So make sure you don’t pull it so long that it becomes monotonous.
Move No.7: Formatting & Designing
A Case Study Format includes setting up the font size, color, spacing, and where the fonts are to be placed. While designing includes plotting images, graphics, symbols, etc and arranging the following Sections of a Case Study Format:
- Heading- Short, but effective title of your case
- Sub Heading- This gives a short idea of what your case is about.
- Synopsis- A brief of what you have included in your Case Study Research.
- Subject- What product or service you are exploring in your Case Study.
- Essence of Your Case Study- Here, you include the main talks of your client like what difficulty they faced and how your product worked for them.
- Final Statement- This can be a statement or quote from your consumer which, in short, describes their amazing experience.
Here, you should show courtesy to get the final consent of your client after your Case Study is ready to be published. Because in the end, they are the center of your research and they will want to make sure that you have presented them well.
Move No.8: Plan for Publicity
The final stage is making your Case Study available on various platforms like a page, a pdf, a video, a podcast, etc so that each type of audience gets attracted.
Now, you know How to Create a Case Study. But how to give an effective display to your findings is still a problem to be solved. Many Case Study Templates are available for each type of case. You can view the following Case Study Template to get a bonafide idea.
Theories are useful only to be decorated on a page until the practical implementations aren’t made. So, here are some real lives Case Study Examples. The key features of each of the Case Study Examples are highlighted below them:
LinkedIn – Adobe
Image Source: LinkedIn Marketing Solutions
- Attractive Title
- Highlighted data in percentage
- Quote of the client at last
VMware – TCS
- Fewer Visuals, More Description
- Detailed Explanation of Challenges, Solutions & Results
Infosys – US Regional Bank
- Use of Attractive Colors & Visuals
- Creative Symbols
- Call to Action- the “TALK TO EXPERTS” Box
Thus, Case Study works as an assurance device for your prospective customers that if they will choose to get your service, their decision will be worth it. So it’s time to showcase your success. Start finding your case study client & be ready to handle more crowds that will approach you after you publish one.