Activa, Pleasure, Access 125, Jupiter, TVS, Maestro, and the list goes on. Few names are such that we can’t even remember although we rack our brain. But, one name instantly comes into mind while talking about this particular range of vehicles, and that is Activa. Roads are overflowed by Activas. Why is that so? The answer to “Why Consumer Journey Mapping is important” is hidden here.
This particular brand has become a member of our house because it has understood our needs, thoughts, and feelings. And how did they come to know all these? The answer is, through Consumer Journey Mapping.
What is Customer Journey & Customer Journey Mapping
Consumer Journey starts before a person decides to be your consumer. It starts from a point where a customer’s eye considers your brand name and ends at a point where he comments on your product after using it.
This journey train travels over several stations like Promotion, Recognition, Charisma, Exploration, Evaluation, Decision & Shop.
- Promotion– This is the first stage where an individual confronts with your brand’s existence. This can happen anywhere from seeing a hoarding on the road to come across your social media profile. Simply, he takes a glance at your advertisement somehow.
- Recognition– This is a thinking process of a prospect where he lets you step in his mind.
- Charisma– After your efforts to connect with a prospective purchaser through emails or social networks or any other medium of the internet community, the potential customer comes under the aura of your product knowingly or unknowingly.
- Exploration– Here, the intended purchaser thinks of accepting your brand to be the provider of what he wants. And he starts to search and delve into your website or any other source.
- Evaluation– This is a process of gauging your trustworthiness. This can be done by viewing reviews & feedback from your current customers.
- Decision– Eventually, the customer exercises his choice and makes a selection of your brand among a bunch of options available.
- Shop– And finally, the person loosens his pocket to buy your product and becomes a customer from a prospective customer.
What is Customer Journey Map
User Journey Map is a depiction of theoretical abstract in a visual format. Consumer Mapping allows your mind to be more clear and conceivable about your findings.
Each consumer falls into a different category. So it’s necessary to keep in mind the Category Consumer Journey while mapping.
You can map your customer’s journey in a structural format by using the below-given Customer Journey Map Template. Want to view more Customer Journey Map Templates? Then click here.
|Numbers Of |
|Duration To |
This is a robust instrument to put together the experiences and impressions of your customers in a picture.
A potential buyer can connect with you at any Point Of Contact. After achieving this Point Of Contact, the challenge is to make the prospective customer complete all the stages of his journey and reach the destination which is Shopping.
It is highly possible that a consumer steps out from this train at any of the stations. Here, Customer Journey Management helps you to identify such leaving points and make or change your plan of action accordingly.
While preparing experience map of a consumer, try to identify-
- The Points Of Contact where he connects with you.
- The factors of motivation which inspired him to carry on and make it to the end.
- If he doesn’t continue, which are the points where he decides not to continue the journey.
- Determine the factors responsible for a consumer’s not trying his hand at your product.
The drawn conclusions are useless until being analyzed. For this purpose, Customer Journey Management & Customer Journey Analytics can assist you to have a clear view of the position.
Why Customer Journey Mapping is Important
Only follow-ups, feedback, and reviews, or the customer support mechanism like 24*7 helplines, emails or call centers are not enough to read the brain of a consumer. To understand consumer behavior, you need to see what a consumer sees and feel what a consumer feels.
Consumer Experience Maps followed by Customer Journey Analytics allow you to look at the things from the consumer’s glasses.
User Journey Mapping benefits you in the following ways:
- It plays the role of a detective who uncovers the hidden truths for you.
- It lets you enter the consumer’s bag of bones and travel across his own world of feelings & emotions.
- It helps you in deciding or changing your target audience.
- It facilitates you with a way to provide solutions for consumer’s problems with your products.
- As it shows you the point of leaving, you can hit your efforts at that point to motivate the prospect to continue instead of leaving.
- It helps in identifying and filling the intervals which were hidden from your eyesight.
- It leads to an increase in the number of invoices generated in your sales department.
To give a final touch to our understanding, let’s have a look at a User Journey Map of a leading online shopping site Amazon.
Here, Amazon has focused on two major areas of consumer behavior: 1. Find & 2. Buy
- The customers who find and want Amazon products but haven’t bought are the potential customers.
- Others who get the products and even retain.
But afterward, when they become inactive, Amazon takes the help of retargeting ads and tries to Re-Engage them.
Another winning brand is Uber. Uber’s mapping goes through phases like Consumer’s Decision – Pre-ride Communication – Meet – Communicating Needs – Get into Ride – Reach to Destination & Give Ratings.
Mapping a consumer’s journey makes your journey towards your ambition easier. By satisfying the consumer’s goal which is his needs & wants, you can accomplish your goal which is to be a leader in the market. So let’s replace KYC (Know Your Customer) with KYCJ (Know Your Customer’s Journey).