What you need to know about Facebook Campaigning
Facebook is one of the most used social network sites in Asia and a large part of the world. If you have a small or bigger business, it is quite obvious to have the identity of your business on Facebook. In all these years, we all have heard that Facebook presence and promotion through ads are essential for marketing of the small business.
As we strive for various means of Social Media Marketing to market our small business, we’ve probably come across consultants, marketing experts, and content writers, social media managers proving their points on Facebook ads being a must-have for marketing campaigns in the kitty of the spending budget.
If we are an avid user of Facebook, we must have been served with Facebook ads. Facebook ads are a strong content marketing weapon for small business owners. The kind of geographic information you need before you get started with Facebook ads matter a lot.
Facebook ads for small businesses – Why are they effective?
There are a plethora of marketing ways out there which include both native and the modern practices of marketing. When you look at the requirement of small or midsize business marketing, you’ll probably hear about a lot of them:
- email marketing
- Content marketing
- Social media posts
Are Facebook ads work for small businesses? What makes Facebook ads for small businesses worth spending time and money on? The answer is Facebook ads have two mighty benefits that set them apart from other marketing channels—and that make them especially effective for small businesses.
As a small business, you will not be going to broadcast or just having a cold-sell your product or service. You don’t need to get hundreds of customers, at least not on very initial days. For small businesses, reaching the largest amount of audience generally isn’t the goal at all. There’s a dedicated and niche audience out there looking for your specific products or services—you just need to have a proper channel to reach out to them.
With Facebook ads for small business, you can target people based on the mentioned criteria below:
- Language: The languages they speak
- Age: Their age of course
- Location: Based on country, city, state, or Pin code
- Interests: Listed interests, pages they like, topics related to interests, even pages their friends like to know their taste and interests level
- Re Targeting: Using a tracking pattern to target people you have executed campaign/s on your website
- Device: The device they access Facebook from, including mobile, tablet, and desktop
- Custom Audiences: Email addresses that you upload to use for targeting
This means and ways of targeting means that you don’t waste your marketing budget serving general ads to people who are irrelevant and not your TG for sure. It allows you to cut through buzz unnecessary and delivers to spend from your pocket which you need only.
Additional targeting opportunities
- Facebook Custom Audiences add another level of social media targeting by letting you serve ads to people on your email list through various databases you have.
- Creating a custom audience of one email address allowed the creator to create promoted ads to generate a genuine interest in your desired vicinity!
- Targeting this audience with Facebook ads for small business is likely to lead to higher conversion rates.
- If you use specific active campaign tools for your marketing automation, you can also use the features like add or remove people based on their age, buying habits and trend of shopping.
Half the money you spend on advertising is wasted, but the trouble is you don’t know which half.” In the days when traditional native advertising was dominating, it was difficult to make marketing budgets and measure ROIs. When you make Facebook ads for small businesses, that connection is much simpler—so you don’t have to worry that your ad spend is being wasted.
The clear cut performance indicators of Facebook ads include below:
- Reach: The number of people shown your promoted ads in their news feed
- Cost per click: Cost per page like website click, or other goals you choose
- Total Spend: The total amount you spend on an ad campaign
- Click through rate (CTR): The percentage of people who clicked after seeing your advertisement
It gives benefits whether it is A/B testing, clicking patterns, required modifications in advertisements and generating and monitoring traffic on your website.
Compelling copy and creative is must
Facebook offers various options to design component of your content to create dynamic product ads:
- An image
- A video
- An image carousel
- A slideshow
- A canvas
You want to make sure that the actual image or video you choose follow four things below:
- Bright colors
- Eye Catching
- Carry Value proposition
- Presents a clear Call To Action (CTA)
You must not go for Facebook ads in the below-mentioned business scenario:
- Your audience isn’t on Facebook
- You’re scaling up in a big way
- You haven’t defined your audience yet
- Facebook ads can be a powerful marketing tool for your small business for sure.
With simple measurement and great ability to target based on interests and custom audiences, Facebook ads can be the change-maker—to help you cut through the noise, reach your customers, and grow your business in the best possible manner.