Twitter is altogether a different ballgame. It is a place where anything can happen. It is the unique and niche platform for marketing with everything being public, brands can theoretically and of course practically reach out to any user if they send the right content with the right message, at the right time and in the right manner.
However, it seems like the social network has become a bit of an irony for most of the marketers. For the longest time, Twitter was seeing rapid user growth year after year. Now, in the last few years, everybody has been saying that it’s going down, and yet, most marketers say you should use it to increase your brand’s online awareness. Phew!
Whether power politics, sports, local or global news, work, or the brands I use and wear, Twitter is a powerful social networking tool and search engine in which one can typically find the latest information about virtually any topic. This also includes updates from the companies and businesses a person or a brand would care about.
Any small or mid-level businesses can market on Twitter to engage users and followers, increase brand awareness, boost conversions, and more. Twitter makes it easy to distribute content. And, there are over 32.6 crores average monthly Twitter users globally for you to share that content with.
The thought of reaching hundreds of leads through a free social media tool sounds exciting, right? But how do you ensure you’re generating meaningful and exciting content those people will want to interact with? Let’s get started with the basic attributes of Twitter Marketing and how Twitter can be the most fruitful tool of marketing for a small business.
Also read: Facebook Campaigning for Small Business
ABC of Twitter marketing strategy
A Twitter marketing strategy is a properly designed plan created with publishing and distributing content for your buyer personas, audience, and followers through social media platforms. The ultimate goal of the Twitter marketing strategy is to attract new followers and leads, boost conversions, improve brand recognition, and increase sales in the best possible manner.
- Creating a Twitter marketing strategy will require to follow the same steps you would if you were creating any other social media marketing strategy.
- Research your buyer individuals and audience
- Create unique, interesting and engaging content
- Organize a schedule for your posts – yearly or monthly calendar
- Analyze your impact and results on a regular basis
So, you might be wondering what makes twitter unique. Why would you want to invest the time in creating a profile and content for the platform?
What makes Twitter unique?
Twitter is a great marketing tool for several reasons.
- Is free to use.
- Allows you to share and promote branded content in no time.
- Expands your network – reach and traffic.
- Allows you to provide quick customer service and support.
- Works as a search engine tool for you to search for your competitors and their marketing content to see and understand what they are doing.
- Lead Generation – For prospects to find and learn about your company.
- Allows you to converse with your followers, share the latest updates about your company, and address your target group.
Now the point is, what makes the platform special, let’s discuss how you can use Twitter for business. These tips will help to understand the business and to boost conversions, create lasting relationships with your followers, and improve brand identity and brand awareness.
- How to use twitter for Business?
- Customize and brand your profile up to the maximum extent
- Organize a Twitter Chat
- Advertise & market on Twitter
- Drive traffic to your website through twitter tools
- Use Twitter Moments
- Get verified on Twitter and get blue checkmark badge
- Focus on building your follower count, it matters!
Twitter Marketing Tips
- Use keyword targeting in your Twitter Ads, be a ‘Wordsmith’!
- Implement productive and relevant hashtags
- Organize a content sharing schedule – calendar
- Create a channelized Twitter campaign
- Write a strong profile bio/intro
- Use images and videos as much as possible
- Interact with your followers regularly
- Share media mentions tactfully
- Keep an eye on your competitors’ Twitter accounts to know latest trends
- Focus on followers’ interests and needs when creating content – What customers want?
- Promote your events properly
- Check your direct messages regularly and try to reply to every
- Keep track of your analytics meticulously
Due to every business being volatile and ever-changing, you might not be interested in tracking all of the following Twitter metrics. However, following list of possible metrics for you to consider to get you started with the ‘Twitter for Business’.
Engagement: Look at the number of retweets, follows, replies, favorites, and click-through your tweets get (including all hashtags and links they include).
Impressions: Review the number of times your tweets appeared on one of your audience members’ timelines (whether or not they’re following you).
Hashtags: Look at which of your hashtags are being used most frequently by your audience and followers.
Top tweets: Review your tweets with the most engagement.
Keep up with the level of success each of your contributors — the people you give admin access to on your account — are having with their tweets so you can implement some of their tactics more regularly or remove them completely.
How to Track Twitter Analytics There are several social media management tools, such as Sprout Social, Hub Spot, and Hoot suite, with analytics features automatically built-in. This is most fruitful and easy to use for those of you who were already planning on choosing a management tool to assist with the scheduling of your posts. However, one of the most common analytics tools for Twitter is the one created specifically for the platform: Twitter Analytics.
Twitter Analytics helps you understand how content impacts your audience and how your activity on the platform can help you grow your business. The tool is free, accessible to all users, and includes information about your Twitter engagement rate, impressions, tweet activity, and information about your followers.
However, depending on the needs of the business, more tools can be used and hired to utilize Twitter Analytics most insightfully.
Twitter is a powerful marketing tool and social media platform any business can take advantage of. It can help you direct more traffic to your website, improve brand awareness, engage your audience, create personal relationships with your followers and customers, boost conversions, and increase your sales. So, consider Twitter for business tactics as well as the marketing tips mentioned above and get started sharing content on Twitter to help you grow your business today.